[Gambas-user] ValueBox can't set to dd-mm-yyyy

adjie adjie_hea at ...1541...
Wed Jan 9 22:41:10 CET 2008

Thank a lot Benoit,
Any example to environment variable and where to change the current locale ?
sorry I'm very new in gambas. I'm just start converting my vb project to
gambas. In vb, I just change the regional setting in control panel and it
will affect to the vb default format or in other case I can use dateformat
function to change the format inside my code. Is there any property just to
change the format or can't you add it:) ?

-----Original Message-----
From: gambas-user-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:gambas-user-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Benoit
Minisini
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:25 AM
To: mailing list for gambas users
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] ValueBox can't set to dd-mm-yyyy

On mercredi 9 janvier 2008, adjie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I set the valuebox type to Date and I have dificulty to change the default
> format for date. The default is mm/dd/yyyy, what I want is dd/mm/yyyy. I
> already try to change the kde regional setting, but it doesn't take
effect.
> where to change that ? and is it possible to change the separator ?

The date format is given by the LANG & LC_* environment variable. KDE uses
its
own system, don't know why. Maybe they found the GNU libc system too
limited?

Now please explain why you don't what to use the date format of your current

locale?

> Also when using ValueBox-GTK, I have to move the cursor to right if I want
> to type the day value otherwise it will replace the 2nd value. for example
> I type 01/31/2008, where I type 3 it will replace 1. It doesn't happend
> when using qt or gui component. Using opensuse 10.3.

A bug in gb.gtk for sure - I will check later. At the moment, I'm in the 64
bits stuff!

Benoit Minisini