[Gambas-user] ValueBox can't set to dd-mm-yyyy

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 9 20:25:29 CET 2008

On mercredi 9 janvier 2008, adjie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I set the valuebox type to Date and I have dificulty to change the default
> format for date. The default is mm/dd/yyyy, what I want is dd/mm/yyyy. I
> already try to change the kde regional setting, but it doesn't take effect.
> where to change that ? and is it possible to change the separator ?

The date format is given by the LANG & LC_* environment variable. KDE uses its
own system, don't know why. Maybe they found the GNU libc system too limited?

Now please explain why you don't what to use the date format of your current
locale?

> Also when using ValueBox-GTK, I have to move the cursor to right if I want
> to type the day value otherwise it will replace the 2nd value. for example
> I type 01/31/2008, where I type 3 it will replace 1. It doesn't happend
> when using qt or gui component. Using opensuse 10.3.

A bug in gb.gtk for sure - I will check later. At the moment, I'm in the 64
bits stuff!

Benoit Minisini