[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 - digg and slashdot

manuel viet gambas at ...1828...
Sat Jan 5 19:13:05 CET 2008

Rob Kudla wrote:

> On Saturday 05 January 2008 11:38, Fabien Bodard wrote:
>> The more bad thing we have do, is to comparate Gambas to vb :(
>
> There are a lot of BASIC coders out there.  I think there will be
> fewer and fewer as time goes on because everyone's learning
> Javascript and PHP now to try to cash in on Ajax, but I can't think
> of an easier way for novices to get into Linux development outside of
> the OLPC.

I can't agree more ; but as Fabien pointed it, basic isn't for nerds. Or
at least, it doesn't look cool among those calling themselves nerds.
And that's something that's not likely to change. With an afterthought,
it might have been wiser to speak of gambas as a "new rad" with an
"easy script-like syntax close to python" from the beginning. Those
in the know would have winked among themselves... ;-)

But now, my thinking is Gambas should be directed toward those
who need gambas for what it is. In this crowd, there are many people
fleeing from the switch between VB 6 and VB .Net. We should target
the professionnal press accordingly.

Just my 2 cents.

To be a bit more constructive, I tried to write a small article on the
subject. In french. Certainly not perfect, it's a first draft. So if
someone think there's something to do with it, some criticism,
or some ways to build upon it, why not try to come up with a good
redaction ? I upload it here.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14636851/gambas-prop.odt gambas-prop.odt

-----
--