[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 - digg and slashdot

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jan 5 18:28:24 CET 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008 11:38, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> The more bad thing we have do, is to comparate Gambas to vb :(

I don't think either Manuel or I compared Gambas to VB.  In fact, this
time around I never even mentioned VB in my submissions to the sites.

> Gambas is really not vb ... the only common thing is that gambas is
> a Basic with visual editor... that's all.

Sure enough, but just as people used to refer to Realbasic as "VB for
the Mac", some people refer to Gambas as "VB for Linux" even though
they're pretty different dialects of BASIC.

There are a lot of BASIC coders out there.  I think there will be
fewer and fewer as time goes on because everyone's learning
Javascript and PHP now to try to cash in on Ajax, but I can't think
of an easier way for novices to get into Linux development outside of
the OLPC.

Communicating that in a way that gets news sites (or in the case of
digg, their members) to carry announcements of new versions is what I
can't figure out, apparently.

Rob