[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 - digg and slashdot

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 5 19:21:05 CET 2008

On samedi 5 janvier 2008, manuel viet wrote:
> Rob Kudla wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 January 2008 11:38, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> >> The more bad thing we have do, is to comparate Gambas to vb :(
> >
> > There are a lot of BASIC coders out there.  I think there will be
> > fewer and fewer as time goes on because everyone's learning
> > Javascript and PHP now to try to cash in on Ajax, but I can't think
> > of an easier way for novices to get into Linux development outside of
> > the OLPC.
>
> I can't agree more ; but as Fabien pointed it, basic isn't for nerds. Or
> at least, it doesn't look cool among those calling themselves nerds.
> And that's something that's not likely to change. With an afterthought,
> it might have been wiser to speak of gambas as a "new rad" with an
> "easy script-like syntax close to python" from the beginning. Those
> in the know would have winked among themselves... ;-)

As there is a compiler between the BASIC language and the executed bytecode,
one can imagine another compiler with a C-like syntax, or another language.
Maybe I should waste my time on that just to make people see Gambas
differently?

--
Benoit Minisini