[Gambas-user] Continuing difficulty with gambas2 documentation

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Jan 4 16:11:51 CET 2008

On Friday 04 January 2008 00:49, richard terry wrote:
> For someone like myself in full time employement working 60 hrs per
> week, to spend an hour trying to track down some simple
> documentation is so offputting that in the individuals such as
> myself as lost to the language/user base.

Imagine what it's like for someone in full time employment working 60
hours per week to write documentation in the first place.  I know I
don't have time to do that, and it's not like anyone's getting paid
to work on it.

The only reason Gambas is documented at all is that the documentation
structure is generated from the classes themselves, so I'm not sure
why that copy method isn't in the wiki if it's a public member of
that class.  But a link showing up in italics in the wiki means the
page hasn't been created yet, if I remember right.  What I did find
is this:

http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.qt/textarea/copy?show

First hit from typing gambas textarea copy into google.  But if there
are broken links within the wiki, it seems like it must be possible
to write a program to find them.

Rob