[Gambas-user] Extracting text from the html of TextEdit control

manuel viet gambas at ...1828...
Fri Jan 4 00:51:17 CET 2008

Richard Terry-2 wrote:

> Is there a way to extract just the text you see in the control as opposed
> the total html:
>
> See the piccie, where I have typed one two three into the textedit control
>
> the code mystring = textedit1.text, gives the resultant html, whereas I
> want
> to be able to manipulate just the text, or use reading just the text to do
> other things (like popup auto-complete, spell check, insert diagrams etc).

Not foolproof, but you can do something like :

PUBLIC SUB Button2_Click()

TextEdit1.SelectAll()
TextEdit1.Copy()
TextEdit1.Unselect()
Editor1.Paste()

END

I didn't try it with embeded images, though.