[Gambas-user] Extracting text from the html of TextEdit control

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Thu Jan 3 22:44:12 CET 2008

Given that this is a qt control, is it just that the property has not been
exposed in Gambas?

I guess a workaround is possible but tedious - e.g stripping out all the html
code except text, doing something and re-constituting.

I've mucked around a bit with it and I can read keywords and use them to
trigger  popping up something else like list or picture box with say diagrams
on it, select one, then post the html back to the control and embed the
picture - that's fairly easy, though obviously I cant re-retrieve the
embedded picture.

Hopefully someone else will know.

Problem is with this sort of stuff is thay it is effective a "show stopper",
ie if you can't do it, and your app needs a degree of sophistication, then it
is pointless proceeding.

Regards

Richard