[Gambas-user] Can't collapse the Heirachy tree in IDE

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 12 23:49:23 CET 2008

On mardi 12 février 2008, richard terry wrote:
> I've several questions about this part of the IDE:
>
> 1) What are the four little arrows up the top for - they seem to indicate
> some sort of navigation, but do nothing on my system.

They move the hierarchy.

> 2) Remember the comment I made about  losing  sight of which control you
> were working on in the editor, and Bernoit was kind enough to add this to
> the top of the properties tab, well, the same thing applies to which level
> of the tree you are on in the heirachies pane, when you have multiple
> nested levels of controls its really easy to get lost - you could put the
> current parent control on the top of the tab.

Mmf. How could you be lost? Or maybe you give random names to your controls?

> 3) I can't collapse/expand the branches of my tree:
>
> Wondered if there was a reason for that, as it can be near nigh impossible
> to find a lost control amongst the masses of similarly named (and
> unimportant controls )

Why do you need to *find* a control?

> Rational for needing it:
>
> I've dropped controls onto the form only to 'loose them', ie they've
> dropped out of sight somewhere on a complex gui form, and one has to go
> through the tree heirachy to try and find the control - being able to
> collapse branches would be a boon.

OK. But if you don't know the name of your control, and if you don't know
where it is on the form... What do you know then? :-)

> Hope this makes sense.

Not really. If you are lost in your own form, I can't imagine the poor user...
I don't understand why displaying the parent of the current selected control
in the hierarchy would help you.

Benoit Minisini