[Gambas-user] Can't collapse the Heirachy tree in IDE

richard terry rterry at ...1822...
Tue Feb 12 21:48:05 CET 2008

I've several questions about this part of the IDE:

1) What are the four little arrows up the top for - they seem to indicate some
sort of navigation, but do nothing on my system.

2) Remember the comment I made about  losing  sight of which control you were
working on in the editor, and Bernoit was kind enough to add this to the top
of the properties tab, well, the same thing applies to which level of the
tree you are on in the heirachies pane, when you have multiple nested levels
of controls its really easy to get lost - you could put the current parent
control on the top of the tab.

3) I can't collapse/expand the branches of my tree:

Wondered if there was a reason for that, as it can be near nigh impossible to
find a lost control amongst the masses of similarly named (and unimportant
controls )

Rational for needing it:

I've dropped controls onto the form only to 'loose them', ie they've dropped
out of sight somewhere on a complex gui form, and one has to go through the
tree heirachy to try and find the control - being able to collapse branches
would be a boon.

Hope this makes sense.