[Gambas-user] How to execute a standard routine every time a function in a component is called

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Dec 10 15:04:08 CET 2008

On mercredi 10 décembre 2008, gambas at ...1938... wrote:
> Hi Gurus!
>
> Sorry for this noop-question:
> In the module area of my component I read a settings file with some
> connection parameters.
> As long as I run the component as a normal Gambas-programm this works
> perfectly. But when I turn it into a component and call one of it's
> exported functions, the function is called directly, without executing the
> code in the module area and my connection parameters are never read.
> Surely there is a another way than putting the reading of the settings file
> into every single function...but which way?
>
> TIA and grretz
> Stevie

A class can have an "_init" special static public method that is called the
first time a class is used. You can use that.

A component written in Gambas has no global initialization function.

--
Benoit Minisini