[Gambas-user] Beginners problem : Gambas compiled package installation

David Paleino d.paleino at ...626...
Mon Apr 14 09:43:29 CEST 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:21:19 +0100, Mike Brett wrote:

> I have apt-get'd for 'gambas', and version 1.0.15 installed. The IDE
> main menu screen opens up happily, but when I try to run some of the
> samples I get "Some components are missing:" messages (for instance
> gb.qt.kde).

$ LANG=C apt-cache policy gambas2
gambas2:
  Installed: 2.5-1
  Candidate: 2.5-1
  Version table:
 *** 2.5-1 0
        500 http://debian.fastweb.it unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.2.1+svn1123-1 0
        500 http://debian.fastweb.it testing/main Packages
$

what you installed is a rather old version (I'm running Debian
sid/experimental). Considering that Gambas3 is near to be released (or it
already has been, not sure), you downloaded a (probably Xandros-specific) old
package.

You might want to:

# echo deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main >> /etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get update
# apt-get install gambas2
# nano/vi/emacs/... ##comment/remove that line we added
# apt-get update

You could even use apt-pinning to do the job, without commenting that line in
sources.list, but I've never done that "between distros".

HTH,
David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino