[Gambas-user] gambas programming distribution

Rolf Schmidt rolf.frogs at ...221...
Thu Oct 18 09:28:49 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

> at the weekend i will create a gambas-distro :) and try to attend all your
> suggestions. Today i created the suitable desktop background.

Your idea sounds great. What I am missing in the suggestions, is the
possibility to show some of the other excellent features of gambas - beneath
its visual programming aproach.
The features I find exciting are the possibility to write database and desktop
independend programms.
So I think a distribution should show this as well. So, in my opinion, the
distri should have mysql, postgresql and sqlite (and perhaps some example to
show how easy the dbms could be changed) and both desktop environments (kde
and gnome) to show that one can wrote programs which may run in both
environments.
Of course the distri should have the pdf-versions of the gambas book(s), the
documentation wiki, a webbrowser and perhaps gimp for some fancy work and an
editor.

This could be a good promo distri for gambas, showing most of its great
features.

Rolf