[Gambas-user] gambas programming distribution

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Oct 18 01:01:18 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 16:26, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> 2007/10/17, ron <ronstk at ...239...>:
> >
> > On Wednesday 17 October 2007 02:34, gnu.linux at ...18... wrote:
> > > hi gambas-friends,
> > >
> > > i want to know from you if it makes any sense to create a "gambas
> > programming distribution".
> > > i thought about a basic small distribution based on debian linux with
> > the following programs:
> > >
> > > - gambas2-suite
> > > - xfce
> > > - java
> > > - firefox
> > > - the gimp
> > > - archivmanager
> > > - calculator
> > > - mousepad (texteditor)
> > > - (your suggestion)
> >
> > What about the gtk(+) and kdebase(qt) libs ?
> >

> > > just a programming linux.
> > > if someone is interested i can start creating this distro at the
> > weekend.
> > >
> > > best regards,
> > > frank.
> >
> > Just a idea,
> >
> > use ./configure -C --prefix=/opt/gambas for 1.0.19
> > and
> > use ./configure -C --prefix=/opt/gambas2 for 1.9.90
> >
> > Just do not forget the gambas directories to set free for users instead
> > root :)
> >
> > This way the people can clearly see what is involved by gambas.
> > All the other stuff as mysql, sqlite etc as standard in debian done.
> >
> > Side point of using /opt/gambas is the development of trial programs
> > can be done also in the /opt/gambas tree and by a final install
> > the user can find the trial project(s) for copy at a more logic place.
> >
> > After all it is a optional package in real life as what /opt is for.
> >
> > Anyway your idea to do this is great :)
> >
> > Ron
> >
> > PS
> > Quanta does kde/qt basic parts already ?
> > Can just a simple small gnome app (mousepad or gedit) do the same for gtk
> > basic stuff?
>

> or kate :-)

Yes would my favorite too for editing but that whas not the goal.

Quanta needs the kdebase libs as far I know. this forces the qt part must included.
Kate needs these too but in the gamabs IDE there is already a programming editor.
Quata is for HTML pages editing.

Gedit purpose was to force the gtk libraries would included, what quata does for qt.

This way the gb.qt and gb.kde are usefull used by gambas and another standalone application
so testing both graphic environments is posible.

When xfc uses gtk then this does not need gedit of course. :)

Ron