[Gambas-user] Suse 10.3 for not-showing interface on startup of gambas2

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Wed Nov 21 18:16:06 CET 2007

Le mercredi 21 novembre 2007 17:45, Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> On mercredi 21 novembre 2007, Steven Lobbezoo wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Finally, I give up on my battle with gambas 2 on suse 10.2.
> > Surely the problem is connected to securety issues (it appeared after I
> > did an regular update online with open suse), but I donnot have the time
> > to learn all the details the  dcop server, usable docs are virtually
> > non-existent, and it seems impossible to get an answer on the opensuse
> > forums.
> > It REALLY is a shame that these people (who ?) send updates into the
> > world that causes so much harm to the linux community. Alltough a fervent
> > advocate of unix/linux since 1982, I must say it's totally not
> > understandable that this soup of versions and incompatibility issues
> > still exists.
> >
> > I must be the only guy in the world, who keeps his suse 10.2 up to date
> > and uses gambas !
> >
> > Whatever, as a desperate last try to not lose all the development I did
> > in gambas and open office, i will upgrade to suse 10.3. (I suppose that's
> > what they want ;-( ).
> >
> > So my question : has anyone run the latest gambas2 trunk on a opensuse
> > 10.3 system ? Does it work ? Under KDE and Gnome ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your views,
> >
> > Steven
>
> I don't know SuSE well now, the last one I used was a version 6.x that SuSE
> sent me for free. It was just before they were bought by Novell.
>
> Maybe you did something bad to your system that your forgot
>
> Or maybe as the main Mono support, they detected a guy using Gambas and
> nuked him? ;-)

I must have : Cannot start gimp under kde, idem firefox. Some times i get same
error as for gambas2 with the 'console'. In short all kind of weird things.

Whatever, i donnot think that Mono support (what's Mono ?) has access to my
pc, so not te me either, so no nuking of this guy (Yeaarrgg !)
And if so, i'l nuke them back (double Yaegghhh ;-)) , altough i donnot know
how )