[Gambas-user] Suse 10.3 for not-showing interface on startup of gambas2

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 21 17:45:57 CET 2007

On mercredi 21 novembre 2007, Steven Lobbezoo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Finally, I give up on my battle with gambas 2 on suse 10.2.
> Surely the problem is connected to securety issues (it appeared after I did
> an regular update online with open suse), but I donnot have the time to
> learn all the details the  dcop server, usable docs are virtually
> non-existent, and it seems impossible to get an answer on the opensuse
> forums.
> It REALLY is a shame that these people (who ?) send updates into the world
> that causes so much harm to the linux community. Alltough a fervent
> advocate of unix/linux since 1982, I must say it's totally not
> understandable that this soup of versions and incompatibility issues still
> exists.
>
> I must be the only guy in the world, who keeps his suse 10.2 up to date and
> uses gambas !
>
> Whatever, as a desperate last try to not lose all the development I did in
> gambas and open office, i will upgrade to suse 10.3. (I suppose that's what
> they want ;-( ).
>
> So my question : has anyone run the latest gambas2 trunk on a opensuse 10.3
> system ? Does it work ? Under KDE and Gnome ?
>
> Thanks a lot for your views,
>
> Steven

I don't know SuSE well now, the last one I used was a version 6.x that SuSE
sent me for free. It was just before they were bought by Novell.

Maybe you did something bad to your system that your forgot?

Or maybe as the main Mono support, they detected a guy using Gambas and nuked
him? ;-)

--
Benoit Minisini