[Gambas-user] Problem Gettig Started

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed May 30 19:18:18 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, Neill Conroy wrote:
> get the following: sizeof(CLASS) = 256 !
> motherboard and an AMD 64X2 3200+ processor, with 2 GB of RAM.  I
> I am running Kubuntu 7.04 as the OS and I have a fairly busy

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're running a 64-bit version
of Kubuntu?

That sizeof(CLASS) error message you get is due to various data types
being a different size on 64-bit versions of Linux.  This means
Gambas is 32-bit only at present, and unfortunately, the changes to
the compiler and interpreter to make it 64-bit safe are major enough
that they won't happen until after the release of 2.0.  (Hopefully
JUST after, because I'm starting to think 64-bit machines will be in
the majority by the time that happens.)

Java has had problems like this too, but Sun has more than one guy
working on the internals of Java ;)

Rob