[Gambas-user] Problem Gettig Started

Neill Conroy nconroy181 at ...1709...
Wed May 30 18:45:38 CEST 2007

I have run Gambas a few times so far, with no problems, but I just did a major hardware and software upgrade and now it will not run.  It appears to install fine, or at least there are no errors thrown out by Synaptic, but when I try and run it it dies a silent death after a few moments.  Whe I try and start it at the command line I get the following:
sizeof(CLASS) = 256 !
ERROR: #51: Bad archive: Invalid argument

Since I do not possess the technical chops to try and figure it out any more (age has its consequences), I felt it best if I prevail upon your vastly superior intellects (if it sounds like I am grovelling, I am!) to find a solution.  Now to describe my goodies.  I have a custom built machine with an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and an AMD 64X2 3200+ processor, with 2 GB of RAM.  I have an NVidia 7600 video card with 256 MB of RAM, 1 SATA 320 GB drive, one IDE 250 GB drive with several partitions (I intend to have a variety of distros installed with a common data partition).  I am running Kubuntu 7.04 as the OS and I have a fairly busy machine, with all the spare cycles being sucked up by BOINC.

I will bow down in humble submission to the genius that sucks me out of this bog...

Neill Conroy - The Geekosaur
--
I want to die in peace and tranquility surrounded by my friends,just like my grandfather did, not  screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.