[Gambas-user] Globally available Gambas components

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri May 25 12:08:00 CEST 2007

On Friday 25 May 2007 11:23, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Ok, I'm missing something here ..
>
> I'm talking about components written in Gambas (as opposed to "C") ..
> Which should have nothing to do with compiling gambas itself .. (!)
>
> ??
>
> Gareth.

No you did not miss something but I did :( the components.

Is it not possible to create the components (also) in i.e. /opt/gambas/components ?
I assume you are now work with your home dir (~) as base path.

I use the trick to put all in /opt/gambas so the /usr path is not globbered
with all of gambas, it was in SuSE all together in one directory.
Easy to put with symlink everywhere.
I did the development in /opt/gambas/programs and most of it I did like
the well organized single place with all of gambas.

Ron