[Gambas-user] Globally available Gambas components

rospolosco at ...152... rospolosco at ...152...
Fri May 25 12:27:54 CEST 2007

Alle 13:08, giovedì 24 maggio 2007, Gareth Bult ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having real problems "distributing" Gambas written components to other
> machines.
>
> Can you tell me where I should put a compiled Gambas component to make it
> globally available to all users on a machine ?
>
> ~/.local/lib/gambas2 is ok for testing, but not so good when I have to
> install it for 30 users .. :(
>
> Thanks,
> Gareth.

Hi, it seems the Component.UserPath is set to ~/.local/lib/gambas2 at the
moment, and this is the only path where Gambas looks for user components.

As a temp workaround, you could put your component in the source of your
application (i.e create a MyComponent folder in your application source and
put there the component). Then add some code lines in your application to
make it copy MyComponent/* in ~/.local/lib/gambas2 at startup.

Stefano