[Gambas-user] Globally available Gambas components

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Fri May 25 11:23:47 CEST 2007

Ok, I'm missing something here ..

I'm talking about components written in Gambas (as opposed to "C") ..
Which should have nothing to do with compiling gambas itself .. (!)

??

Gareth.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ron" <ronstk at ...239...>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 6:19:32 AM (GMT) Europe/London
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Globally available Gambas components

On Thursday 24 May 2007 13:08, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having real problems "distributing" Gambas written components to other machines.
>
> Can you tell me where I should put a compiled Gambas component to make it globally available to all users on a machine ?
>
> ~/.local/lib/gambas2 is ok for testing, but not so good when I have to install it for 30 users .. :(
>
> Thanks,
> Gareth.

I did it by
./configure -C --prefix=/opt/gambas
make
make install

When it was ready I renamed te gambas directory to gambas47 and
make a symlink /opt/gambas -> /opt/gambas47

As a new version arives remove the symlink

./configure -C --prefix=/opt/gambas
make
make install

and same with but then /opt/gambas48

The nice part is if the new not working or you can put the symlink
to the old working version.

Ron