[Gambas-user] upgrade gambas on ubuntu edgy

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Thu Mar 1 17:15:49 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 01.03.2007, 18:15 +0700 schrieb M Sulchan Darmawan:
> Dear all,
>
> I have install gambas version 1.0.15 from Ubuntu Alternate CD, using
> add/remove applications.
> I have download gambas tarball latest version and wanted to upgrade
> the existing installation.

In both case, for gambas 1.0.17 and gambas2-1.9.47, you don't need, and can't use
the Version which came with your Ubuntu.

So if you want to use gambas 1.0.17 remove it.
for gambas2-1.9.47 you can let it and use both.

For compiling the tarball you need the dev-lib's for all the components
you'll use, some of them you need like qt.

One month ago I made the same for gambas2-1.9.47, and some one has
posted that:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
libomniorb4-dev libldap2-dev libcurl3-gnutls-dev libpq-dev
libgtkhtml2-dev kdepim-dev unixodbc-dev libdbd-sqlite libsqlite0-dev
libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsqlite3-dev
libmysqlclient15-dev

put that in a term , and after you can build your gambas2-1.9.47.