[Gambas-user] More Problems with SHELL (possible BUG).

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Jul 6 14:55:33 CEST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 14:03, audiossis wrote:
> Thanks Ron, it appears that you were half right!! The other half was filled in by Stefano.

It was a supprise for me mkdir send output to error channel too.

Example from Benoit:
SHELL "pushd /directory; find ./ | cpio -vco | gzip > /path/to/archive/file 2>&1" WAIT FOR READ
When i'm correct it does the 2>&1 here only for gzip.

BTW
The trick with () comes from my usage in the past
of 4DOS as command.com replacement for ms-DOS :)
It has many similarities to bash.

Original from http://www.jpsoft.com and now
free available via http://www.4dos.hit.bg

Glad I could help a bit. :)