[Gambas-user] More Problems with SHELL (possible BUG).

audiossis audiossis at ...867...
Fri Jul 6 14:03:24 CEST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 09:18, audiossis wrote:
 >> SHELL "pushd /directory; find ./ | cpio -vco | gzip > /path/to/archive/file " WAIT FOR READ
 >>
 >> only returns the output from "pushd" and not "cpio". Mind you I can't get the output from "cpio" at any time wether it is
 >> preceded with the "pushd" command or not. :-)
 >>

 >One more suggestion:
 >> SHELL "(pushd /directory; find ./ | cpio -vco | gzip > /path/to/archive/file )" WAIT FOR READ
 >
 >The () mean to handle the inside content as one process by group the commands together.
 >
 >--
 >Ron

Thanks Ron, it appears that you were half right!! The other half was filled in by Stefano.

I found that doing this works:

PUBLIC SUB something()

SHELL "(pushd /directory; find ./ | cpio -vco | gzip -v > /path/to/archive/file) 2> /dev/stdout" WAIT FOR READ

END

PUBLIC SUB Process_read()

DIM sOut AS String
hStream = OPEN "/path/to/log/file" FOR APPEND

READ #LAST, sOUT, -256
PRINT #hStream, sOUT

END

I must say it's such a please to find pleasant and intelligent people who are will to share their knowledge!
Keep it up guys!! We're two for two now!

Thanks again!

Ben :-)