[Gambas-user] need a help with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Wed Jan 24 22:14:41 CET 2007

Hi Charlie,
latest gambas2 packages for Debian are available as explained at
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/download.html in the Debian section. And,
quite often they are also available in Debian sid. Currently, version
1.9.47is ready , and
1.9.46 is in Debian sid.
As a Debian derivative, Ubuntu usually accepts in its sources.list Debian
unstable repositories. You can check if there is no dependencies problems in
your Ubuntu. Ubuntu folks have the bad habit of forking some of the main
libraries, and if those libraries cause dependency problems, you'll have to
recompile the debianized sources available also in the same places as
binaries.
Compiling a debianized source is almost a trivial task for a medium user, so
if you need help, just ask me in this list.

Regards.