[Gambas-user] Marketing

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Dec 1 13:53:29 CET 2007

On samedi 1 décembre 2007, R. Stormo wrote:
> Charlie Reinl wrote:

> >> I think we should have the "basic" work in there someplace. There are
> >> alot
> >> of windoze users that are looking for a programming language like vb and
> >> this is.
> >> Those phrase you have here does not say anything of what language this
> >> is.
> >> Could be another python og c language and those new users will not be
> >> interested. It should be something to describe what it is.
> >>
> >> I'm agree that "almost means basic" is not the right one . But if this
> >> what
> >> Benoit like/want so it should be.
> >> "Gambas, a basic language."
> >
> > "Gambas almost means basic" this is a classical Open Source Project
> > name, where the name is an acronym for .
> >
> > While  basic = Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BASIC
> >

> > --
> > Amicalment
> > Charlie
>
> Thats ok, but does a normal windows person that have just converted to
> Linux now this?
> He/she is looking for a similar program under Linux that where used in
> windows. Normally I think that would
> be at google and something like this.
> vb for linux, visual basic for linux , basic linux or similar.

When I type "visual basic for linux" on google, the first answer is a french
link to a thread about Real Basic, and the second one is a link to the Gambas
web site. We are before Mono! ;-)

This was not the case a year ago, but Google is our friend. ;-)

Actually I find that Gambas is better in attracting users than developers, and
that something should be done for that too.

Benoit Minisini