[Gambas-user] Introduction + Problems with Qt

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 16 21:54:51 CEST 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 21:42, Rob wrote:
> On Saturday 16 September 2006 15:03, David Paleino wrote:
> > Alt+F4...). Do you know if it's possible, given Gambas'
> > sourcecode, to recompile it so that it uses GTKs instead of
> > Qts? I think it's something kinda "impossible" without heavy
> > edits at the code.
>
> The goal is to eventually have the IDE (and as many other Gambas
> programs as possible) working under both Gtk and Qt.  More work
> needs to be done on the Gtk component and on standardizing the
> two components before that will work, but it will happen.
>
> > I also noted that other KDE apps (like KView, Kuickshow,
> > KFileReplace and others) look very good on my GNOME... Is that
> > a Gambas2 problem? I hope not. Maybe I miss some library?! O_o
>
> No, the reason is that Qt apps like the Gambas IDE are not the
> same as KDE apps.  KDE apps link to the KDE libraries, which sit
> on top of the Qt libraries and provide a lot of additional look
> and feel stuff.  I'm not sure why the Gambas font is so big in
> your case, though.
>
> Rob

I noticed this problem with Ubuntu. I think the QT library is not correctly
configured, and so the default font is too big.

Noramlly, you must have a programmed named 'qtconfig' provided with qt
library. Try to find it on your system, or inside one of the qt packages, and
run it. You will be able to set the default QT font and theme.

Benoit Minisini