[Gambas-user] Introduction + Problems with Qt

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Sep 16 21:42:31 CEST 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 15:03, David Paleino wrote:
> Alt+F4...). Do you know if it's possible, given Gambas'
> sourcecode, to recompile it so that it uses GTKs instead of
> Qts? I think it's something kinda "impossible" without heavy
> edits at the code.

The goal is to eventually have the IDE (and as many other Gambas
programs as possible) working under both Gtk and Qt.  More work
needs to be done on the Gtk component and on standardizing the
two components before that will work, but it will happen.

> I also noted that other KDE apps (like KView, Kuickshow,
> KFileReplace and others) look very good on my GNOME... Is that
> a Gambas2 problem? I hope not. Maybe I miss some library?! O_o

No, the reason is that Qt apps like the Gambas IDE are not the
same as KDE apps.  KDE apps link to the KDE libraries, which sit
on top of the Qt libraries and provide a lot of additional look
and feel stuff.  I'm not sure why the Gambas font is so big in
your case, though.

Rob