[Gambas-user] windows and gambas

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Tue Mar 21 07:00:49 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Bertrand-Xavier M. wrote:

> Yep. Includes like sys/types.h or sys/mman.h cause some extra work. Not only
> they don't exist in windose, but they're not in mingw. Thus trying to compile
> the interpreter is like swimming with a machinegun, or trying to breach a
> metal wall with a bulldozer.
> Who was it from the list who managed to run console app on windoes? I can't
> remember his name. At the moment i am blocked by sys/mman.h after having
> fixed 65635^16 errors for the interpreter.

Windows has its own flavor of memory management and process creation;
however, they are (obviously) not compatible with unix memory management
(say, for instance, mmap) and process management.  Mucking with Process
structures and CreateProcess rather than GNU/Linux's much-easier-to-use
fork() and exec() (and its twins like execve, et al.).

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |