[Gambas-user] windows and gambas

Bertrand-Xavier M. katsancat at ...11...
Tue Mar 21 06:56:23 CET 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 23:28, Rob Kudla wrote:
> On Sat March 18 2006 15:35, Henri Girard wrote:
> > QT4 might help... but not in the near future !
>
> I don't think Qt4 will help either, because like I said, the
> tough part isn't going to be displaying windows, it's going to
> be running a really Unixy compiler and interpreter under a very
> un-Unixy OS.
>
> Rob

Yep. Includes like sys/types.h or sys/mman.h cause some extra work. Not only
they don't exist in windose, but they're not in mingw. Thus trying to compile
the interpreter is like swimming with a machinegun, or trying to breach a
metal wall with a bulldozer.
Who was it from the list who managed to run console app on windoes? I can't
remember his name. At the moment i am blocked by sys/mman.h after having
fixed 65635^16 errors for the interpreter.