[Gambas-user] windows and gambas

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Mar 21 07:24:45 CET 2006

On Tue March 21 2006 00:56, Bertrand-Xavier M. wrote:
> Yep. Includes like sys/types.h or sys/mman.h cause some extra
> work. Not only they don't exist in windose, but they're not in
> mingw. Thus trying to compile the interpreter is like swimming

It's true about mman, but are you sure about types?

http://sourceware.org/cygwin/packages/mingw-runtime/mingw-runtime-3.9-2

Maybe that's a cygwin-only port of mingw, but it would be a first
step.... it seems to me cygwin itself has mman.h, but it's been
a long time since I built anything against cygwin....

I think the brave Windows user who used to post was Brandon
Bergren.  He posted screenshots of a Gambas app running under
cygwin using gb.gtk for the interface, back in February 2005.

Rob