[Gambas-user] windows and gambas

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Mar 17 17:09:29 CET 2006

On Fri March 17 2006 06:40, Bertrand-Xavier M. wrote:
> The only one i can think of is Java. But its syntax is not
> Basic.

I've also never used a Java IDE that was as good for rapid
development as Gambas.  The closest thing I've used was
Borland's JBuilder, years ago, and that was a total hog.

> Furthermore, as long as Gambas doesn't run on Win32, it
> can't be compared to Java. But the day it will, it will be
> more popular than Java (with all the advantages .NET has NOT).
> But this won't happen by magic. We should union our efforts
> towards this goal, build a binary for windows.

I agree, and would be working on this myself if I still had any
Windows machines.

Rob