[Gambas-user] windows and gambas

Bertrand-Xavier M. katsancat at ...11...
Fri Mar 17 12:40:28 CET 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 15:31, mike webb wrote:
> since it doesn't look like gambas for windows is going to be coming out
> anytime soon.
> anyone have any expericense with a "basic" programming laugage that runs
> under windows.
> it needs to be as much like gambas as possible and open source.

The only one i can think of is Java. But its syntax is not Basic.
Furthermore, as long as Gambas doesn't run on Win32, it can't be compared to
Java. But the day it will, it will be more popular than Java (with all the
advantages .NET has NOT).
But this won't happen by magic. We should union our efforts towards this goal,
build a binary for windows.