[Gambas-user] gambas is not running on 64bit machine

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Mar 10 19:40:16 CET 2006

On Fri March 10 2006 02:20, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> Several parts of the Gambas internal code depend on the
> assumption that a pointer to memory will only be 32 bits.

It's not only pointers.... in the case of the code that loads the
class files (if I understand it...) it's assuming all datatypes
are going to be 32 bits.  To fix the problem, the compiler will
have to be changed to write architecture-independent datatypes
(int32_t, etc...) and the interpreter will have to be changed to
read them.

I don't think that'll be easy, but I hope we see
that happen before 2.0.  I know Benoit is thinking about it
because he already fixed the endian problem.

Rob