[Gambas-user] Offline documentation is out-of-date

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Sun Jun 4 03:39:15 CEST 2006

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, Rob Kudla wrote:

> Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 17:36:27 -0400
> From: Rob Kudla <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...>
> To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Offline documentation is out-of-date
>
> On Sat June 3 2006 16:40, Bertrand-Xavier M. wrote:
> > Hi, I was thinking about some kind of tool to generate
> > documentation directly from code, like doxygen. I think too
> > much.
>
> As far as I know, much of the new Gambas wiki is generated
> directly from the code.  The same was true of the old wiki, but
> we had to do it in a really clunky and slow manner.
>
> I don't know if Benoit's new wiki software has a way to generate
> a static HTML version yet.

How hard would it be to produce an application that updated the offline
documentation to match updates to the online documentation?  Digests like
MD5 or SHA1 would be sufficient for detecting file changes and the plus
would be that documentation would always be up to date.  Something like
CVS that tracks modification could also be used and in this case the
"repository" would be the online documentation tree.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |