[Gambas-user] Offline documentation is out-of-date

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Jun 4 06:31:35 CEST 2006

On Sat June 3 2006 21:39, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> How hard would it be to produce an application that updated
> the offline documentation to match updates to the online
> documentation?  Digests like MD5 or SHA1 would be sufficient
> for detecting file changes and the plus would be that

While the old wiki stored its data in files, the new one is
MySQL-based.  Further, as with all wikis, the offline version
needs to contain HTML markup, while the data stored on the
server side contains wiki code... so there needs to be a program
that generates the HTML out of the wiki code.

That program may be as simple as wget --mirror, but ideally you
want something a little faster and nicer to the web server.  The
"publish" program provided that for TWiki; whether the current
wiki Benoit wrote has such a utility, I don't know, but we can
always use the wget method once in a while in a pinch (and if I
were to catch people doing that a lot during the day, I'd have
to put IP bandwidth restrictions in place.)

Rob