[Gambas-user] [Gambas-devel] Gambas 2 roadmap

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jul 3 18:53:47 CEST 2006

Let's continue the talk only on the user mailing-list...

On Monday 03 July 2006 17:52, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:

> Wow! Those are a lot of things to be done. I only miss one: an avahi
> component, that together with the d-bus component would allow the
> developing of collaborative tools in a LAN environment.

I don't know what avahi is, except that there is a service related with it on
my Mandriva. As I didn't know what it was, I stopped it :-)

> I also would like to see the report component in 2.0, and not after, but
> it's clear that there are too many things to be done, and not they all
> can be done in the short term.

The report component needs some changes in the IDE. I want to release the 2.0
as soon as possible, and these changes can go to a 2.2 version.

> Just one last question: I've heard you talk sometimes about the web use
> of gambas, not to make cgi, but to develop web apps using the IDE. In
> fact I want to remember that was one of the reasons to do the form
> component. Do you still have that intention or just gave up ?

I didn't give up. I have an idea about how to manage HTTP sessions with gambas
processes, but making "web" control (i.e. things that look like controls
inside a web page with some JavaScript) is difficult. I never did that, and
it depends on the browser client!

My goal is allowing making web intranets very easy :-) Performances will not
be dedicated to the web, but to a local network.

Benoit Minisini