[Gambas-user] [Gambas-devel] Gambas 2 roadmap

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jul 3 18:36:48 CEST 2006

On Mon July 3 2006 11:52, José L. Redrejo Rodríguez wrote:
> Just one last question: I've heard you talk sometimes about
> the web use of gambas, not to make cgi, but to develop web
> apps using the IDE. In fact I want to remember that was one of
> the reasons to do the form component. Do you still have that
> intention or just gave up ?

It looked to me like that's in the roadmap, at least the
beginning stages of it.... "New controls and containers that
generate HTML Web pages, with maybe some JavaScript." and then,
"How to implement complex controls like TreeView with HTML and
JavaScript?"

I myself have thought about doing that (in the course of rolling
my own perl AJAX "toolkit") where you would use Javascript on
the client to dispatch all the events generated by the controls
on the form back to the server, run the gambas code there, and
send the results back to the web form.... but that'll be pretty
difficult to get up to the level of gb.gtk forms, let alone
gb.qt.  (I've had a hell of a time making a Javascript combo box
that relied on the server to provide its list data, so I can
only imagine what writing a dynamically populated treeview
control will be like....)

Rob