[Gambas-user] Gambas 2 roadmap

Laurent Carlier lordheavym at ...626...
Tue Jul 4 15:30:02 CEST 2006

Le lundi 3 juillet 2006 13:25, Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Here is a kind of roadmap for Gambas 2.
>
> This is a list of tasks, with short comments on their difficulty.
>
> All tasks in the 'Before 2.0' sections are the tasks I'd like to have for
> the 2.0 release.
>
> The other tasks can be added after without problems (for a 2.2 version for
> example).
>
> The SDL and OpenGL parts depends on the work of Laurent Carlier. Tell me
> about that Laurent! :-)

It's on the way and it will be fully opengl accelerated (for 2d and of course
3d). Sound part is merged into my "tree", and opengl ouput is working well
(except for image and picture support only partially implemented). It will
work only on a X client -I've add some xlib code to add missing sdl features-

Some example projects will be broken but not too much.

If someone is interrested i can post a "tarball" of my "work in (slow and
lazy) progress". :-)

> The GTK+ work may be done by Daniel Campos or another people from gnuLinex,
> or not.

> I can't estimate the date of the release at the moment, as I don't know how
> my life will be since September. I hope to be paid for working on Gambas
> next year, and so some tasks may become more important than others. I will
> tell more soon.
>
> I want to redesign the web site too. I'd like to know if I can use freely
> the new 3D mascot made by Marcos Morales, and if he can make more picture
> and animations with them (for replacing the current moing mascot in the IDE
> for example).

And perhaps the "source code" of the mascot will be great ;-)