[Gambas-user] Cannot find driver for database: postgresql

johnf jfabiani at ...1109...
Thu Jan 5 16:57:06 CET 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 22:58, Karl Martindale wrote:
> johnf wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 January 2006 21:42, Karl Martindale wrote:
> >>The message "Failed to open DB connection" does fire, it prepends the
> >>"Cannot find driver for database: postgresql" message.
> >>
> >>This box had a postgres that was compiled from source and I pointed the
> >>gambas configure at the include directory in the postgres tree.
> >>
> >>  ps -efa | grep postmaster
> >>postgres  1852     1  0 Jan02 ?        00:00:00
> >>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> >>
> >>The DB property is checked in project properties.
> >>
> >>I also get the same message from the gambas database manager when trying
> >> to connect.
> >>
> >>I have pgAdminIII installed on another box on the same network and it
> >>successfully makes a connection.  The postgres server has been in use for
> >> a little over a year now (involved in a PHP project).
> >>
> >>Karl.
> >
> > Any chance the localhost has been turned off in the pg.conf?  I use
> > postgres daily with Gambas for the last two weeks (when I really started
> > programming in Gambas) and it works perfectly.
> >
> > Just to insure I have it right you are attempting to connect to a
> > postgres database on the same computer that postgres is running (and this
> > is 'THE' new computer).  You might want to try using the IP address of
> > the postgres server.  I once saw a box that did not accept 'localhost'
> > but accepted the IP address (never did figure that out).
> >
> > When I compiled gambas 1.9.23 I did not have adjust anything (SUSE 10.0,
> > worked with 9.3 too) to get postgres working.
> >
> > John
>
> One other thing I've noticed is that the gambas database manager will pick
> up both the MySQL and postgres servers when you do a "Scan database
> servers" from the menu.  It just won't connect.
>
> Karl.

Hey Karl I think we forgot to ask the obivious - what version of Postgres are
you running?  I think 1.9.23 needs 7.4 or better - not sure about that.
Maybe that version limitation has something to with a different lang.
John

John