[Gambas-user] Cannot find driver for database: postgresql

Karl Martindale karl at ...1303...
Thu Jan 5 07:58:31 CET 2006

johnf wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2006 21:42, Karl Martindale wrote:
>

>>The message "Failed to open DB connection" does fire, it prepends the
>>"Cannot find driver for database: postgresql" message.
>>
>>This box had a postgres that was compiled from source and I pointed the
>>gambas configure at the include directory in the postgres tree.
>>
>>  ps -efa | grep postmaster
>>postgres  1852     1  0 Jan02 ?        00:00:00
>>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>>
>>The DB property is checked in project properties.
>>
>>I also get the same message from the gambas database manager when trying to
>>connect.
>>
>>I have pgAdminIII installed on another box on the same network and it
>>successfully makes a connection.  The postgres server has been in use for a
>>little over a year now (involved in a PHP project).
>>
>>Karl.
>
> Any chance the localhost has been turned off in the pg.conf?  I use postgres
> daily with Gambas for the last two weeks (when I really started programming
> in Gambas) and it works perfectly.
>
> Just to insure I have it right you are attempting to connect to a postgres
> database on the same computer that postgres is running (and this is 'THE' new
> computer).  You might want to try using the IP address of the postgres
> server.  I once saw a box that did not accept 'localhost' but accepted the IP
> address (never did figure that out).
>
> When I compiled gambas 1.9.23 I did not have adjust anything (SUSE 10.0,
> worked with 9.3 too) to get postgres working.
>
> John

One other thing I've noticed is that the gambas database manager will pick up
both the MySQL and postgres servers when you do a "Scan database servers" from
the menu.  It just won't connect.

Karl.