[Gambas-user] Cannot find driver for database: postgresql

Karl Martindale karl at ...1303...
Thu Jan 5 07:56:41 CET 2006

johnf wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2006 21:42, Karl Martindale wrote:
>

>>The message "Failed to open DB connection" does fire, it prepends the
>>"Cannot find driver for database: postgresql" message.
>>
>>This box had a postgres that was compiled from source and I pointed the
>>gambas configure at the include directory in the postgres tree.
>>
>>  ps -efa | grep postmaster
>>postgres  1852     1  0 Jan02 ?        00:00:00
>>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>>
>>The DB property is checked in project properties.
>>
>>I also get the same message from the gambas database manager when trying to
>>connect.
>>
>>I have pgAdminIII installed on another box on the same network and it
>>successfully makes a connection.  The postgres server has been in use for a
>>little over a year now (involved in a PHP project).
>>
>>Karl.
>
> Any chance the localhost has been turned off in the pg.conf?  I use postgres
> daily with Gambas for the last two weeks (when I really started programming
> in Gambas) and it works perfectly.
>
> Just to insure I have it right you are attempting to connect to a postgres
> database on the same computer that postgres is running (and this is 'THE' new
> computer).  You might want to try using the IP address of the postgres
> server.  I once saw a box that did not accept 'localhost' but accepted the IP
> address (never did figure that out).
>
> When I compiled gambas 1.9.23 I did not have adjust anything (SUSE 10.0,
> worked with 9.3 too) to get postgres working.
>
> John

I can make local connections using psql and php.  The same computer is running
the postmaster, apache, php, gambas and even the MySQL server I used to see if
any database connectivity worked from gambas (MySQL did work).

I can't see anything in postgresql.conf that would prevent local connections and
pg_hba.conf is set up so it'll accept connections from anyone, anywhere.

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe the driver didn't find
everything it needed in the postgres source tree.  Surely it wouldn't have
compiled and installed (make install) if this was the case?  I'm at a loss here...

Karl.