[Gambas-user] Re: Gambas 1.9.24 package for Ubuntu 5.10 (Benoit Minisini)

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Feb 8 19:10:54 CET 2006

On Wed February 8 2006 03:21, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> If an Ubuntu user succeeds in creating gambas package from the
> debian gambas source package, please tell, and I will update
> the distro web site page.

Also, if an Ubuntu user gets a set of packages successfully made
(i.e. gambas-runtime, gambas-gb-qt, gambas-ide, etc.) but
doesn't have hosting for them, I'm willing to set aside some
space on Binara's server for them.

The same is true for any other top-20 distributions for which
Gambas isn't already packaged in an official or unstable
repository (my definition of top 20 is based on the default
"last 6 months" setting on distrowatch.com's top 100 list, right
on their home page, currently including Ubuntu, SUSE, Mandriva,
Fedora, MEPIS, Damn Small, Debian, KNOPPIX, Slackware, Gentoo,
Kubuntu, FreeBSD, PCLinuxOS, Vector, KANOTIX, Xandros, PC-BSD,
CentOS, SLAX and Puppy.  Yeah, Red Hat isn't on there, but Red
Hat isn't gonna be able to run any recent Gambas releases
anyway....)  If it can't be had via your distro's normal
repositories, I'll host it till it is if you do the packaging.

The more I look at klik, the more I want to try to get Gambas
working under klik as well.... when I have time.  But I guess
the whole point of klik is to use their repositories, so the
above offer is moot for klik.

Rob