[Gambas-user] Re: Gambas 1.9.24 package for Ubuntu 5.10 (Benoit Minisini)

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Feb 8 22:43:53 CET 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 19:10, Rob Kudla wrote:

---8<

> The more I look at klik, the more I want to try to get Gambas
> working under klik as well.... when I have time.  But I guess
> the whole point of klik is to use their repositories, so the
> above offer is moot for klik.
>
> Rob

Hello Rob,

I did actual installed using klik and it worked.
But I had also some little problems.
The way the last version of klik differs against a early version.
There are two places in the /tmp map.
1) /tmp/app with the numbers also to put in fstab and as image with cloop
2) /tmp/klik with all the files and maps as inside the image.
The start with the made kmenu entry does not work in one click.
It opens a window and you have to select the gambas entry yourself.
The parameter from the deskstop file is not correctly passed to the klik .zapp
stub.
The other problem has todo with readonly attributes.
I had not enough time to go deep in what goes wrong exactly.

Still I like the idea, but I understand Benoits point for self compile from
source, to get a very simple install with klik.

The redhat install i did this week was indead not correct working.

Greets Ron.