[Gambas-user] V 1.9.37 editor trouble...

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Mon Aug 14 17:40:33 CEST 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 17:47, sbungay wrote:
> Seems to have been a glitch with FC5.
> Noticed that when the CapsLock key functionality was reversed (when
> engaged it produced lower case and vice-versa). Anyway.. a system
> restart cured the problem... something I would expect of Windoze not
> Linux, but I just upgraded the kernel yesterday... perhaps the problem
> got introduced with the new kernel.
>
> Steve (once more happily coding away) :)
>
> sbungay wrote:
> >    I was cutting and pasting text within the editor when it appears to
> > have lost its' mind and decided that it would stay in highlight mode
> > (text selection?) mode. Now anywhere I click on the screen the editor
> > selects the block of text, which means anything I type replaces the
> > highlighted block (not good).
> >    I tried closing down gambas and restarting, reopened the project,
> > scrolled down a few hundred lines and clicked the left button.. a huge
> > block of text was selected. Anybody else ever run into this? I have been
> > searching through emails and haven't found an example (yet).
> >
> > Steve :)

I was just reading you message.
Yes that strange behaviour I found also. SuSE9.2
For some reason the cut/past clipboard in the editor does not
work always 100% correct.
At my workplace I have the same SuSE installed as at home.
Only the hardware is different.
The problem is for me as I can see a bit hardware dependend.
At home it occurs also but less frequently.

Good for you it look to be solved.
I'm not 100% convinced it is.

PS
The mark/cut/paste problems started for me after change
from gb.qt.GambasEditor to gb.qt.Ext.Editor (.29 / .30)
And it looks be less after .33 and up.

Ron

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is
still shrink-wrapped in their warehouse...