[Gambas-user] V 1.9.37 editor trouble...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 16 20:53:16 CEST 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 17:27, sbungay wrote:
>    I was cutting and pasting text within the editor when it appears to
> have lost its' mind and decided that it would stay in highlight mode
> (text selection?) mode. Now anywhere I click on the screen the editor
> selects the block of text, which means anything I type replaces the
> highlighted block (not good).
>    I tried closing down gambas and restarting, reopened the project,
> scrolled down a few hundred lines and clicked the left button.. a huge
> block of text was selected. Anybody else ever run into this? I have been
> searching through emails and haven't found an example (yet).
>
> Steve :)

I think I had this problem once in the past.

I suspect a X server bug, or a Qt bug, because when you press the mouse
button, the X server automatically "grabs the mouse", i.e. it sends all mouse
events to the window you clicked until the mouse button is released.

So, when you press the mouse button in the editor, a timer is started that
select all text between the initial mouse position and the current mouse
position. This timer is stopped as soon as the mouse button is released.

So the only explanation I see is that the mouse release event has been lost in
a black hole!

Benoit Minisini