[Gambas-user] GTK component in 1.9.29

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Apr 27 19:07:31 CEST 2006

On Thu April 27 2006 03:36, Daniel Campos wrote:
> So, in that scenario, When I release an stable version there
> would be hundred of reports from people telling about things
> that do not work  in their systems, and of course hundreds  of
> replies telling that this feature does not work in that
> version, or that other feature does not work in other
> version,etc: a lot of improductive work, at the end.

Well, there's always something like

#if GTK_CHECK_VERSION(2,8,0)
	do_something();
#else
	fprintf(stderr, "Warning, your GTK is old and busted, please
don't complain about do_something() not working :-)\n");
#endif

but I guess that wouldn't help with people who run Gambas from
their window manager's menu and never see debug output.

Rob