[Gambas-user] Creating excutibles in version 2

Scott sclewin at ...1126...
Tue Sep 13 16:40:53 CEST 2005

Rob Kudla wrote:
> Oh, I just went back and looked at your screenshot.  The executable is
> being written... it's named "Note.gambas".  This is a Gambas 2
> behavior, if I remember right... by default, the executable has
> ".gambas" appended to its name.  You can rename it to whatever you
> want before distributing it.  What happens if you run "./Note.gambas"
> while sitting in that directory?

    It works :) I thought about that before and when I clicked on the
file in Konqueror it just asked me which program to run it from, so I
thought it was one of the files created for Gambas.

    This is good, at least I can make some sort of executable to give
out, thank you very much, but unless I am wrong the Gambas program is
required as a dependency in the same was Java is required for jre
files.  I still would like to be able to create the packages so there
will be less dependencies.

--
Your friend,
Scott