[Gambas-user] Re: BIG BUG in gb 1.9.19

Fabien Bodard gambasfr at ...11...
Mon Sep 5 13:44:51 CEST 2005

Le Lundi 05 Septembre 2005 10:03, Heinz Sporn a écrit :
> Am Samstag, den 03.09.2005, 16:02 +0200 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> > On Friday 02 September 2005 12:38, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:
> > > Hi all:
> > >
> > > I recommend to not use Gambas-1.9.19, the IDE is absolutely broken,
> > > even using Fabien's patch. Keep Gambas-1.9.18 in safe place!
> > >
> > > I think it is moment to stop that run to nowhere at full speed, and
> > > leave time to fix all that is done in developement version. It is full
> > > of bugs, and each time it is more difficult to collaborate in the
> > > project with that continous changes without having any tool like cvs or
> > > subversion. No way to continue improving things in that way, I can not
> > > guess every time what will be the next change that will break all! :-((
>
> I am just a very interessted listener to this list. But I have to say
> Daniel that you found rather harsh words here. Please bear in mind that
> this terrifc piece of software is the result of an OpenSource project
> for crying out loud. Done by less than a handful of people who don't get
> paid for this. Non-constructive critisism does really not help them.
> Neither does ranting and barking: "It's full of bugs"
>
> I suggest you help those guys telling them what exactly you think is
> wrong. Or better: why don't YOU put CVS/Subversion on track and therby
> contribute something nice to the project.

Maybe i'm in bad way but it seem that you don't know who is Daniel Campos !

When you say him to contribute on something nice on the project... Look at
what you have done and at what he have done !

Daniel is the writer of the gtk component, the gb.net component, v4l component
and so on... he help on the maintain of the debian package too and traduce
the doc to spanish..; does he need to do more ?

So, when this man talk about problem on debug... it's generaly true...
I'm just agree about harsh word !... but mabe was he tired or on a bad moon...

Regards,
Fabien Bodard