[Gambas-user] Re: BIG BUG in gb 1.9.19

Heinz Sporn heinz.sporn at ...1017...
Mon Sep 5 10:03:21 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, den 03.09.2005, 16:02 +0200 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> On Friday 02 September 2005 12:38, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > I recommend to not use Gambas-1.9.19, the IDE is absolutely broken, even
> > using Fabien's patch. Keep Gambas-1.9.18 in safe place!
> >
> > I think it is moment to stop that run to nowhere at full speed, and leave
> > time to fix all that is done in developement version. It is full of bugs,
> > and each time it is more difficult to collaborate in the project with that
> > continous changes without having any tool like cvs or subversion. No way to
> > continue improving things in that way, I can not guess every time what will
> > be the next change that will break all! :-((

I am just a very interessted listener to this list. But I have to say
Daniel that you found rather harsh words here. Please bear in mind that
this terrifc piece of software is the result of an OpenSource project
for crying out loud. Done by less than a handful of people who don't get
paid for this. Non-constructive critisism does really not help them.
Neither does ranting and barking: "It's full of bugs"

I suggest you help those guys telling them what exactly you think is
wrong. Or better: why don't YOU put CVS/Subversion on track and therby
contribute something nice to the project.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz Sporn

SPORN it-freelancing